Building Community One Step at a Time
Perhaps one of the best things about running is that in can build community, friendships and help develop grit. Because we believe so strongly in the power of a good run, we facilitate several run clubs a week, free of charge.
Run Club is a core element of our store, providing a positive place for runners of all levels to meet and learn from each other in a friendly, social environment. Run Club meets at the store three times a week and divides into groups based on pace and ability. The group leaders come from within the group, offering a chance to lead or follow. If you’ve come out a few times, try your hand at leading! Come connect with others, and take a step (or many steps!) toward a healthier, more active life. The group is free and open to all.
Run Club meets:
Wednesday @ 6:00 pm (35 – 45 minutes)
Thursday @ 10:00 am (35 – 45 minutes)
Saturday @ 8:30 am (60 minutes and more)
All of our clubs are:
- A community of runners and walkers motivating each other to stay active.
- For people in good health. Consult with your doctor if you have concerns.
- A friendly and non-judgmental environment.
- A cooperative place to meet people and have fun.
- All groups are free and open to all.
- Respect your leader
Do not pass your leader or try to dictate the pace of the run. Be grateful someone has volunteered to navigate your run!
- Loopback for slower runners
This is a group run, not an individual run. Make everyone feel welcome and encouraged!
- Take a turn leading
It is important that everyone take a turn at leading. You never know what it is like until you try!
- Warn of obstacles
Keep yourself and others safe by announcing runners and walkers, in-line skaters, bikes, dogs and debris.
- Run facing traffic
- Wear clean, non-smelly clothing
Funny but true!
- Respect others using the trail or path. In Saskatoon, we’re so lucky to have plentiful paths and trails for our runs, and we want to share them with everyone, even those not on the run with us!
- Be sure to warm up and cool down. Starting slow to warm up your muscles will allow you to run faster. Take time at the end to cool down to prevent injuries.
- Respect Brainsport. We love hosting Run Club, and want to have our store as the home base for many more years to come! Please respect our premises and customers so everyone can have a good time!
- Enjoy the run, and encourage those around you. We are all here to have fun, so…have fun!